The Drop Quilt Along
Are you joining in on The Drop Quilt Along?
Here are a few more offerings to look forward to:
- Weekly prizes (including patterns, fabrics, and subscriptions)
- Designer check-ins on the Ships & Violins Quilt Patterns Facebook Group
- Tutorials on the basics of FPP
- Weekly tips and tricks including photos and illustrations
- A segment called "Meet Your Quilt Alonger" to highlight our awesome community!
- And finally, a chance to hear more about our sponsors, including: PreQuilt, Lindley General Store, Simone Quilts, FIGO Fabrics, Birdie & Dot Fabrics, The Quilt Store, Scrappy Gal Quilting Co., Silly Moon Quilting Co., The Geeky Bobbin and Fabric Spark!*
The QAL will run for eight-weeks and be divided into the following weekly schedule:
- Purchase the pattern using your sign up discount
- Share the "I'm in" graphic below and let your community know what you'll be working on this summer!
- Join the Ships & Violins Facebook Group
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need any foundation paper piecing experience before participating?
Experience is good, but not necessary. The Drop is a pretty easy FPP pattern; it's not particularly intricate. That being said, I'll be working through the entire process with beginners in mind, so you'll definitely get all the information you'll need to be successful! If you've signed up for the Ships & Violins general newsletter, you can give The Drop pillow pattern a shot. It'll give you an idea of what you'll be doing for the larger project.
I've purchased the pattern, but the timing doesn't work for me. Will I still have access to the weekly newsletters?
I recommend that you sign up for the weekly newsletters as usual, and store them for when you're ready to begin making The Drop quilt.
*Participants will be limited to winning one prize.