When working on a FPP pattern it's worth organizing a workspace that allows you to flow freely between sewing, trimming and pressing.
In the illustration above, I've depicted my workspace to serve as a reference before you get sewing your FPP pillows! Here are some key points to consider:
- Place your cut fabric pieces along the top of your cutting mat.
- Lower your ironing board and place it under the table, leaving about two feet of surface area to press on.
- Have a trash bin nearby for unusable scraps.
- A 12in ruler will suffice for trimming.
- Keep a marking tool nearby to mark the wrong sides of solid scraps that are large enough to keep and reuse.
In this layout, I can easily move from left to right and back again as I work to complete each template making the most of my FPP time!
SHARE your tips with the quilting community by using the hashtag #myFPPworkspace on instagram.
SIGN UP for the Ships & Violins newsletter and put these tips to the test with a FREE The Drop Pillow pattern!